Do you need Well Monitoring ?
A well designed and installed to obtain representative ground water quality samples and hydrogeologic information from an aquifer.
- To provide controlled access for sampling ground water in order to detect seepage and monitor the effects of contaminants in seepage on ground water quality.
- Monitoring wells are used to determine groundwater levels and groundwater quality.
- Prior to the design of a monitoring well, a surface and subsurface investigation should be conducted to develop a conceptual hydrogeologic model of the site
- The hydrogeologic investigation will identify and describe all characteristics and properties of geologic units which would influence subsurface water flow.
- Water quality data will enable the client not only a check on the presence of contamination, but also an assessment of the likely source of the contamination.
- Well monitoring may be requested as part of a planning condition for developments i.e. quarry and commercial developments and dewatering to remove water to allow quarrying to take place.